Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Formal living room conversion...


Our home has the need for an office space. We have a 5 bedroom home and I am sure any one of the secondary bedrooms would make a great office. However, the inn is full. We have a large master bedroom and there is room to create a small office space for paying bills or sifting through coupons. However, hubby is now officing from home part time and he likes to start early (5:30 a.m. EARLY) and I don't want to wake up that early. So what to do?With the idea of re-think, re-design, re-use, the basis for green living. Not to mention budget friendly. I took a tour of our home. We currently have a loft that we use for the kids computer space, crafts & study area. Problem it isn't user friendly for the more sophisticated professional...i.e. the hubby (he doesn't like sharing his space with glue and art paper!) Solution a new office space that meets all current needs. We are placing the house on the market soon so it needs to look good as well as function.

I invite you to follow me along over the next week or two as I tackle this challenge and make the transformation from formal living to effecient office.

This is the way the room looks as I begin. Lovely, comfy, cozy living room.

Working with what we have I took simple Closet Maid light Maple cabinets which would not translate well in the new office with our other furnishings in the downstairs rooms.  So, I turned to paint and a little molding and gave them a distressed beachwood look.

Things are coming together....more to come!

No comments: