Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Doing what you do...with a little light on the subject.


Good morning! It's a little cooler here this morning, of course that just means it is hovering just below 90. ;) But, I am taking advantage of it!

Here are a few projects I've started and am in the process of finishing. Love progress don't you?

BEFORE




Being REVAMPED





Brass Chandelier's are a dime a dozen...and yes it was what the builder put in our house. I replaced it with a pretty antique crystal Chandelier from my parent's home that I grew up with. LOVE it. But, I just couldn't send this little brass chandelier to the chandelier grave yard. I decided to ReVamp it!


I scoured the internet for inspiration and a lot of you have done wonderful jobs transforming your boring builder basic chandy's. Here are a few fun transformations and blogs you might enjoy.


Pretty Handy Girl

Look at the fun transformation that Pretty Handy Girl did!



Love the pop of yellow.


And everyone knows that you can't go wrong with a little black (a.k.a oil rubbed bronze) !

Love the touch of sophisticated transformation over at Unskinny Boppy!



And WOW, is all I can say about the great job over at In My Own Style! Love the vintage, aged, chippy look. And a girl needs a little bling.



So for my project, I chose to add a little whimsy! I LOVE the fun and slightly tongue and cheek approach of MacKenzies Childs. A little like sitting down at the Mad Hatter's tea party. So, this beauty really caught my eye.


I'm so excited to watch the transformation take shape! My little dated brass baby is on her way to a new look all her own. I can't wait to finish her up and watch her shine! 

Also, in the works and half way there are a sweet formerly pink wall shelf, and a small vintage occasional table.
Texas Revamped!

So come back soon. 




No comments: